Tuesday 18 December 2012

Music Video Feedback


What did you like about the video?

The emotion of the song shown through the characters and the camera shots and angles were professional and look like a real music video.
I like how it’s quite simple and understated and I liked the lighting – I think it matched the genre well as it drab – like in many indie videos.
I like how it stuck to the genre very closely and I like how you distinguished between an almost practice performance and proper one.
You matched the lip-syncing and the music well – this way meant that you couldn’t tell that it was actually an actor singing the song. And made good use of different camera shots and movements.
I think it was really well synced and put together – I thought it was integrated well.
I really liked the panning shot in the narrative when one minute the band was there and the next they weren’t. I think it showed well how she could be dreaming the whole thing.
I liked how Liam was in the red light because it made him look angry and like the villain.
I liked the shot around Costa where the boy walks toward the girl and he can see her in the background – I thought that it was a clever shot.
I liked the panning shot at then where it pans from the girl to the band and then it’s empty because it made her seem that she was crazy. 

How do you think that it could be improved?
Change in colours and expand the use of lighting while outside.
I think that some of the shots could have been improved during the performance as you can see some of the boards in the drama room in the background.
I think the lighting on the lead vocalist in the performance could be improved as it was a bit harsh.
I think some of the performance shots could have been improved because when the band is playing you can see some of the displays in the background and it makes it look less professional.
I think that the narrative could be a little more obvious – I got the twist at the end but I think that the audience have to think about it more than they should have to.
I think that the lighting is a bit too bright on the lead vocals – but I liked the red light on the bass-guitarist. 

Do you think that it matches the genre of indie-rock?
Yes – because the use of a narrative and music video makes it match the genre.
Yes it does – I think is quite dull like a lot of indie-rock seems to be.
Yes – Because the song and narrative suited the typical view of what indie rock should be.
Yes – I think the colour scheme matches the video well and the quick cuts.
Yes – The narrative structure matches it well.
Yes – I think it very drab and simple like a lot of indie videos are.
Yes - Because the colour scheme matches what I think is typical for an indie video.
Yes – Because the band members are very moody and every time I watch an indie video they follow this too.
Yes – Because of the narrative.

Are there any ways which you think we could improve it to match this genre?
The natural lighting could be improved in the narrative aspects.
No – not really.
Yes – Maybe by distinguishing between the two performances better.
No -  I can’t think of any way.
The lighting could be more washed out and dreamy.
No
No – I think it matched it really well.
No
No

Do you think that the song matches the genre of indie rock?
Yes: 9
No: 0

Do you think that the song and video work well together?
To a point, yes, but there needs to be more quirky-ness involved and to also make the narrative more obvious.
Yes – because it matches the generic storyline of boy and girl.
Yes – The feeling of the music matched the video.
Yes because the song is very slow and depressing the video show an almost break-up situation and it therefore hold the drab-ness of the situation.
Yes and since the song is called footsteps I found that there was a lot of emphasis of walking all the way through.

By Rebecca Gatfield

No comments:

Post a Comment